Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thought #7- I know it's cliche but...

Music has helped me in so many ways. It's pretty much everything for me, and has been there when people, animals, even books haven't. I may seem crazy, but frankly I don't care. Music holds the power to get a person fired up, to comfort them, to make them cry. It's amazing, and the fact there's so much variety makes me want to hear and experience it all. Yes, there are certain types which don't hold the most favored artists, but you can't say they're bad. You may not like them or a certain style, but what if those two very things saved someone's life? What if hearing a certain song or artist made them able to cope with pain or see there's light at the end of the tunnel or smile? What if that someone is sitting next to you while you bash the artist and then change the song? So my point here little warriors is that you shouldn't label one person or style or song as bad. Simply say you don't prefer them and then move on. Don't harp on it and say you want the singer/band/whatever to die in a hole, because they're still making music, no matter how juvenile or unpleasant it may seem to you. Music is life, little warriors, and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment