Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thought #1- Blank Page

            A blank page. While intimidating to some, is a chance to be someone else for a change for me. The blinking cursor hardly ever has a time to rest as my fingers fly across the keys of my laptop. Sometimes I have an idea in mind of who I’m going to be when I sit down, but others I just let whatever pops into my head be my guide. I’ve been so many things when I’ve written: an alien, zombie, dog, a boy, hard hitting reporter, a lawyer, so many more too(as I write this I find that these seem childish in nature, but they’re still fun to embody). But I think the one character that I keep coming back to is just, me. So many of us never think about who we are, and whether or not it could be entertaining to other people. Sure, we keep diaries, and we will be forced to write down things about us on social sites, job interviews and such, but do we really think about what happens to us?
            I often find myself narrating my life; this is something that I really haven’t shared with anyone, so you my reader should consider yourself lucky. Do you ever narrate your life? To me it just seems like it would be so amazing for someone to actually do that. I usually take these narrations that I come up with and use them in my stories later. This action makes me think maybe, just maybe, my life is cool enough that someone will want to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment