Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thought #5- Weddings

Yes, I do have a girly side dear readers as evidenced by my complete love for weddings and amazing dresses and shoes. Today while the temperature outside was boiling, I stayed inside my air-conditioned abode and watched TLC. Yes, yes I know, The Learning Channel is that channel with all of the weddings and babies and families with 1,000 kids. It also has two of my favorite shows: What not to wear and Say yes to the dress. As I was watching the latter of the shows, I started thinking and day dreaming about my own wedding as every girl (do guys do it too?) does at some point-or all of- their life. There was a girl on the show though purchasing a dress who's mother explained the wedding to the store employee instead of the bride. Then, as the bride was trying on dresses, none of them were what she wanted. As it turns out, the wedding really wasn't being created for the bride and groom's love, it was some sort of party for all of the friends and family. All the bride and groom wanted was something simple on the beach, but ended up having a giant wedding with 200+ people that they didn't really want. To remedy it though, they showed the couple a year later getting their vows renewed-just them-on a beach.
Which gets me to the whole point of things: why do things one specific way to please others and not yourself? Why is it important to get other's approval on a certain outfit or creation or event? If you love something, or someone, shouldn't you be able to handle things your way so that it pleases you the most in the end? I mean sure it's nice to plan things for others and make parties and things happen, but when it comes to you: be you. Don't plan your life around oh what are they going to think, they wouldn't like that, well they like this and I don't but I want to make everyone happy. It's not your job to make everyone happy all the time, make sure you still factor in your happiness and your wishes in everything you do. This could be turning someone down, taking time out, not inviting 100000000 people to a dinner party. Be you little warriors, and no matter what remember that you're amazing, dear to me, and are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment