Monday, June 6, 2011

Thought #3- I hate baking cookies too

 I've never been to bed with my socks on. Strange, isn't it? It seems like something that a person should try to do in their life at least once to see if they like it or not. Then again, there are a lot of things like that which I have yet to attempt. I haven’t tried sushi, auditioned for a play; I haven’t even driven a fancy-sounding car even at the dealership. Doesn't every person do-or in my case don’t- something silly that it seems as if the rest of the world is going the other way? Then when you announce it or it casually comes up in random conversation, you’re accused like some sort of criminal.
            “You’ve never eaten this before? Oh my god! Oh you’ve never done this before? You’re not a human!” Then you wander home and you’re brain is spinning, and you’re thinking, why haven’t I done that? What’s prevented me from doing this or that so much so that the rest of the world has and I haven’t? Is it laziness, or some sort of fear of a bad experience? Do I not want to venture out of my cramped, faded routine of daily life that I can’t squeeze in something fun without upsetting the balance?
            Or maybe it’s my busyness. Hurry, hurry, hurry to this place. Once I’m there I have to hurry, hurry, hurry to do this and say that so that by this time I can leave to do something else. You’re too busy, people tell you. All you do is smile and then shake your head. Or you sigh and milk it  and say something along the lines of, “Yeah you’re right, it’s affecting my health. But I-” and then you’ll make up a sob story. 
What makes you not try things?

No comments:

Post a Comment